FINAL COMPETITION WILL BE HELD ON APRIL 17, 2013
AT THE LiT LOUNGE AT
FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT AND CASINO
2nd Annual Rising Stars of the Desert
Music Video & Performance Contest
Brought to you by Fantasy Springs Resort Casino, Cindy Pieper’s State Farm Insurance, Coachella Valley Buick/GMC, FanDisto Music, KPLM 106.1 fm, KJJZ 102.3 fm, JAMMIN 99.5 fm and THE OASIS 95.9 fm.
Music video competition will be in 4 formats:
COUNTRY, JAZZ, R & B/TRUE OLD SCHOOL and ADULT CONTEMPORARY
* Finalists will be judged by CELEBRITY JUDGES, and, winners announced at the Fantasy Springs Resort competition on April 17 by:
- RICK YOUNG, Warner Music, Nashville – West Coast Promotions (artists include Blake Shelton)
- BRAD BISSELL, Creative Artists Agency, Agent
- TOM BALDRICA, Show Dog Universal Music, Vice President of Promotions and Radio (artists include Toby Keith)
- JIMI FITZ FITZGERALD, Producer, Musician and morning host on KJJZ 102.3
- MARKER BROADCASTING management and personalities KPLM 106.1 RANDY HOUSTON, JAMMIN 99.5 DAVE ACOSTA, and, 95.9 THE OASIS MITCH LEWIS.
- Winners in each category will be announced and awarded at our LISTENER APPRECIATION PARTY APRIL 17th, 2013, at the LIT LOUNGE, Fantasy Springs Resort Casino.
- WINNERS will be announced on the air April 18th, 2013, along with their performance and an on-air interview.
Finalists: The final 2 performers in each category, selected by our celebrity judges, will perform LIVE at our LISTENER APPRECIATION PARTY, APRIL 17, 2013. The WINNER’S will be awarded that night in each category.
1. Musicians must post entry on the Rising Stars of the Desert 'Events' page on facebook (here). Only one (1) song per category per entrant allowed. Music must be posted no later then April 8th, midnight):
2. Musicians must submit their own entry (not a representative of the band). Music submitted by any individual, group, company, etc. other then a performer in the video will be deleted. In order to be judged by our celebrity panel, Finalist must be able to perform on April 17th.
3. Submission(s) MUST state:
-NAME of group/artist and song TITLE with FORMAT
-Entrants role in band (singer, bass, drums, writer, etc.)
-Hometown of entrant Entrant MUST possess California
identification in the form of photo i.d - drivers license. At
any time during contest, we may ask you to present us with
4. ‘Fb entrant’ must have ability for messaging on fb page, or video will be deleted. Be sure to frequent your message box.
5. Open to anyone WITHOUT a SIGNED RECORDING CONTRACT.
6. Finalists will be required to have available MP3's or DVD's of submitted song(s) if requested.
7. Submission deadline is April 8th, 2013, midnight.
8. Marker Broadcasting reserves the right to refuse any submission at the discretion of management.
9. Rules may slightly change, as dates and times warrant. Periodic revisions may occur at the discretion of management, so it is the responsibility of the entrant to maintain open communication by keeping us in your feed, or periodically checking this site.
CLICK ON LOGOS TO VISIT OUR